Hello there beautiful! Welcome to my page! This blog post is dedicated to some of the best products I have found to help make breastfeeding an (even more) amazing experience!
Are you expecting a bundle of joy? Did you recently give birth? Comment on my blog and let me know what brought you here today! Do you know someone who could benefit from this post? If so, make sure you share the link with them!
**A Little About Me, The Author of This Blog (psst.. that makes me sound fancy, huh?)**
My name is Court. I’m a wife and mommy to two little loves. My daughter is 6 years old and was breastfed only for about a month. I 100% blame our short journey on MY LACK-OF-EDUCATION when it came to breastfeeding. I had no idea what I was doing, no support, no guidance & was ‘doomed’ from the first poor latch and supplement bottle of formula! I am happy to tell you, though, my 2nd born child has been exclusively breastfed thus far! He is now ONE YEAR OLD and I don’t see us stopping anytime soon. Our continued success is, without a doubt, the effects of HAVING SUPPORT this time! Without people supporting me, helping me and guiding me down this path, I do not think we would still have this amazing breastfeeding relationship. On top of my ‘tribe’ of fellow breastfeeding mamas, I have also found these amazing products that helped me out tremendously and made our “bumps in the road” feel more like driving over a pebble.
Haakaa Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump Milk Pump 100% Food Grade Silicone BPA PVC and Phthalate Free
- Low Return Rate: 13% fewer returns than similar products
- Best Seller: #1 best seller in Manual Breast Pumps
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
Personal Review: This was a LIFE SAVER (& a milk saver!) When baby nurses, I would suction this Haakkaa pump to my opposite breast and ‘collect’ 0.5oz-3oz of breastmilk! It’s effortless, so easy, I can’t say enough about HOW AMAZED, I truly was!
Next Up ; The Medela Double Breast Pump
- Double pumping kit with PersonalFit breast shields
- Can be plugged in or run on AA batteries
- 2-phase expression technology with one-touch let-down button
*My personal Review: I love my Medela! I have heard great things about the “Spectra” but so far at almost 1 year into our breastfeeding journey, I still LOVE my pump. It works very well and it has tons of attachments and additional parts! My style came with the carry bag, wall outlet plug, battery pack (for on-the-go pumping), bottles, ice packs, lids, stands, extra hoses, valves..etc ! It was affordable and a great choice for my lifestyle!
A few other items that helped me out a whole lot would be the essentials; Nursing pillow, nursing bras, nursing pads, nursing apparel, storage bags & other items that most anyone would benefit from having around the house.
A few more ‘friendly suggestions’ :
- Join a breastfeeding group (in-person or online!) I promise you will LOVE the support! I would say that, that is 100% my #1 piece of advice!
- Have the baby’s latch checked, if you feel like something isn’t right! Overly sore/painful nipples, baby making noises while nursing, baby doesn’t seem ‘content’ at the breast. Have someone look at their latch for you.
- Eat, Drink, Sleep. You are essentially a walking – talking DAIRY (just kidding). You NEED to stay hydrated, you NEED to fuel your body with food and I PROMISE if just having a newborn seems exhausting, you have no idea the level of EXHAUSTION your body can withstand, until you are nursing a cluster-feeding infant!
- In some cases, the baby may have a tongue/lip tie. This can be easily revised with minimal efforts from a professional. If you are struggling with the baby’s latch, there is a good chance it’s just a tie!
- DO. NOT. GIVE UP! You CAN do it! YOU are amazing! Your body was MADE to nourish your child! Always stand your ground if confronted while nursing and NEVER feel ashamed/embarrassed for nursing your child.
I will post more blogs about breastfeeding but PLEASE feel free to ask me anything in the comments below or post your own advice for a future breastfeeding mama!
Wanna see other blogs I’ve written??